Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The First Rant of the Foob.

Well, throw the confetti, text message your girlfriend/boyfriend/blow-up doll, I just lost my blogging virginity! Ok, enough of that now. For my first rant, I need to get something off my chest.

Celebrities...What more can we do to torment you. I bet you all are wondering, "Well Mr. Foobessional, what do you mean?" Well my fellow readers from around the globe, I am speaking of the talented Amy Winehouse for starters. For those who do not know who she is, she is a talented musician who was nominated six times for a Grammy Award for her album "Back to Black." Is she famous for that or for the past year or so of tabloid articles that basically followed her downfall? First and foremost, the main problem she has is her highly publicized drug abuse. I personally have not experienced drugs nor know anyone who has had a drug problem, but as someone who is a "celebrity", the turning of the tide is much worse for you, as you will have the opportunistic paparazzi following you, exploiting you in your worse condition to make a quick buck.
(if you want an example, look at a recent article regarding winehouse http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/06/amy-winehouse-there-are-no-words/ )
I feel sorry for this woman for the fact she actually sought out help, but stopped after five days. It is just a tragedy all these people want to get the bad side of her, but refuse to help her show her good side, the musician people from around the world love.

Another celebrity holdup, Jack Bauer himself, Mr. Kiefer Sutherland. The 24 star recently was sentenced for 48 days in jail stemming from his 2nd DUI arrest in September. While I do believe he deserves to be punished, it reminds me of another celebrity scandal, Miss Lindsay Lohan. The starlet was arrested twice, both DUI's + Cocaine Possession, spending 1 day in jail + 3 years of probation. Maybe cocaine isn't a big deal anymore. It's ironic how the "protector of America" Jack Bauer gets snubbed by the starlet whose greatest movie of all time is co-starring with a beetle that is possessed...

That's America For Ya... Until then fellow citizens.

--The Foob

Video of the Day:


(Article is For Entertainment purposes only, I appreciate the comments+criticism, any questions or concerns, email me at foobessional@gmail.com )

No comments: